Monday, August 19, 2019

Email update to my work colleagues on 8/19/19 - back back back


From: Susan Smith
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 11:14 AM
To:
Subject: Back back back

Hi,

I had hoped to return to work today.  I really had.  I was planning on it.  I have not even requested my PTO yet for this week.  I really want to get better.  I don’t want to be sick anymore.  It’s been 10 weeks.  10 weeks!  I’ve been sick for 10 weeks.  I just want to go back to work. 

And yet, this past weekend happened and I’m back in bed. 

I was feeling pretty good last week.  I was doing okay physically and was even able to do some outdoor activities that I had planned months ago.  I got the new RHS diagnosis and the new medicine, so I was even feeling optimistic.  I was believing I could return to work soon. 

Then I started to feel bad on Friday afternoon, went to bed and spent the entire weekend in bed.  The pain came back, bad.  It was like when this all started.  I felt like I was getting worse.  Tears would just pour from my eyes from the pain.  It’s been terrible. 

And then something even worse happened last night.  I had like an allergic reaction to the medicine, or something weird happened, and Jimmy almost called the ambulance.  Again, my boys were so scared and crying.  I had severe dizziness, my chest hurt and I had trouble breathing.  It was so scary.

So, that’s why I’m not back at work today.  And again I don’t know when I will return to work with how confusing and complicated all of this is for me.  I am trying so hard to get better and I want to return to work.  I have an 8/30 appt with a Neurologist.  So, maybe I can come back to work on 9/3 if the next two weeks go well for me and the Neurologist says I’m good to go. 

Thank you for allowing me to email you with my reflections and being here for me.  I’m very grateful for you three and CSU Global.  I miss you all so, so much.  I think of you all constantly and just want to get well so I can get back to you all.

Susan

No comments: