Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Bell's Palsy update to my colleagues at work on 7/10/19


From: Susan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:23 AM
To:
Subject: one step forward, two steps back

Hi,

I’m writing early this week for my check-in because I already don’t think I will make my desired return date of Monday the 15th.  Boo.  I’ve been feeling a lot of anxiety about not making another deadline and worrying about returning to work before I am ready, so I want to let you know now instead of waiting until Friday. 

I’ve literally been in bed for 3.5 weeks and think I will need some more time for the pain to go away, then for me to gain some physical & mental strength back so that I can return to work and be able to do the job 40 hours a week on the phone and the computer.  I mean, I’ve not left my house for almost a month except to go to the dr a few times. 

So, instead of putting another hopeful date, I may just leave it open as to not pressure myself and give false expectations for all. 

I’m really sorry.  This is so hard.

The MRI came back normal.  My brain is okay.  That’s good.  I still have a lot of pain though and that’s not good. 

Gabriel asked me last night, “Do you miss working?”  I said without hesitation, “Oh yes, very much so, especially my colleagues, my friends.”  And it’s very true, I miss you all so much.  I really miss the stand-ups and daydream about them regularly. 

I thank you all again for being so great and helping me in so many ways.  I received the team’s card and that brought me so much love and hope that once again my heart overflowed with gratitude.

With care,

Susan

No comments: