Monday, July 24, 2006

The Colorado Rocky Mountains

Here we are, enjoying our last night in Colorado. Tomorrow my parents, Jimmy and I leave for a 4 day road trip to North Carolina, stopping in Tennessee, to see my brother Patrick, his wife Omayra, and their children Elvita & baby Thomas. Let's see who drives who nuts first in the car. =).

The past few days have been spectacular because we went camping in the mountains. We spent the first couple of nights camping by a huge, beautiful resevoir with my dad, my brother Richard, and his children Payson & Maggie. While we camped there, we went on a few superb hikes that took us above timber line to enjoy the most extraordinary views of the mountains. Then we went with my dad to Rocky Mountain National Park, where we also did some precious hikes to some high mountain lakes and drove over the "highest paved continuous road" in the United States. On the way home, we stopped to do the Alpine Slide in Winter Park.

I think the experiences in the mountains were very special for my dad & I, and especially for Jimmy, because my dad and I had a wonderful time showing Jimmy the true beauty and uniqueness of Colorado. I wonder how many times Jimmy said "wow."

Thanks for following us on our journey across the country. Next stop, Chapel Hill.

No comments: