Monday, January 25, 2021

Email to my work's leadership confirming time off - 12.21.20

 

12/21/20

Dear,

I am writing to confirm I need to take the month of January off for medical reasons. 

My hope is to return to work on Monday, Feb 1st, good to go to rock on in 2021.

To briefly explain, my nervous system still needs to heal.  I suffered a sudden facial paralysis in June 2019 and my body has not healed from the damage caused by that virus attack.  I plan to use January to see a new Neurologist that specializes in the facial nerve on the 7th and then invest time & space daily to healing.  The nervous system is extremely important and out of our control in many ways, so I need some more time and space to focus on healing. 

Finally, I want to affirm I am a dedicated CSU Global employee.  I’ve worked here since March 2015 and I want to continue to working here.  I want to make it extremely clear that I do not ‘want’ to take January off, rather I ‘want’ to work.  However, I must respect my body and acknowledge that my health is not very good and so I ‘need’ to take this sick-time and short-term disability time off. 

I will miss you all.  I love CSU Global.  Thank you for allowing me to take this time to have the space to work on healing.  Happy holiday to all of you and yours and may 2021 be filled with goodness for us all.

Sincerely,

Susan

No comments: